• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

4 year old auto accident just out of mediation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

frenchfry11

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? WA

4 years ago, I was the passenger in a car accident. My boyfriend, who was driving, and I were rear-ended while stop on the freeway in rush hour and were slammed into the car ahead of us. We hired the same lawyer, who said she was experienced in personal injury cases. When I first spoke with her, she said that she would not even talk to me until after I was feeling better. I also told her about the chiropracter I was planning on seeing.

We continued to see our chiropracter who was sending reports to my lawyer on a regular basis, for 2 1/2 years. My boyfriends progress was steady and mine was very slow. We continued to see the chirpracter and check in with our lawyer who said everything was progressing fine, not to worry, keep doing what we were doing and she would talk with us once we got closer to filling.

Well, after several lowball offers right after we filed a suit at the 3 year mark, that didn't even cover medical expenses, we went through mediation last week. My lawyer just called to let us know the mediator found that we should have been sent to another doctor after 6 weeks if we were not feeling better and that 2 1/2 years was too long for us to not be feeling better. The offers were again, not enough to even pay our medical bills.

I feel like my lawyer let me down big time. If she was experienced and offered to take our case, then shouldn't she should have known that that our progress was below par and have suggested that we see another doctor. I feel that her attitude of "we don't need to speak until your feeling better" and waiting 2 years before having another lawyer in her firm final become involved in my case, was directly related to my current pain and the low offers. Which leads to another problem we had. That other lawyer, whom I sat and cried to on the phone and complained to for 6 months about my progress and how bad I was feeling, was suddenly no longer with the firm at the 3 year point. Of course, I have no clue why, but it was another blow in feeling totally ignored and deceived by this firm. Especially when I had to replace alot of the materials already given to them a year earlier because of missing documents.

I know now that if I had this all to do over again, I would do it much differently, but I had never been in an accident, nor had I ever had pain like I did then and still do now. I feel that alot of mistakes were made in my case by this firm and these directly related to 4 years of pain and frustration.

I'm not sure if anything can be done and my lawyer offered no suggestions. I feel lost...

stephenk

what specific injuries did the chiropractor note from this accident? did your boyfriend also treat for 2 1/2 years?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">