• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

401K Benefit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trancoso

What is the name of your state? MA
My employer offers a 401k plan to all employees, expect me. Is that legal? I've been working in this small business (dental office) for over 2 years. There are a total of 6 employees. I found out 1 year after I started working there that my boss was offering this benefit to everyone in the practice. I talked to my employer about it once and he said he decided not to offer a 401k to dental hygienists after his previous hygienist left. I would greatly appreciate any advice.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
VERY IMPORTANT

Are you full time or part time? If part time, how many hours a week do you work?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then the odds are overwhelmingly likely that your employer is violating ERISA and the laws surrounding 401k plans.

If he continues to refuse you participation, you can contact the US DOL for assistance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">