• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

401k issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wwe2005

What is the name of your state? Iowa .. I've only had my 401k for about 8 months, the other day i was informed that while money was being sent in by my employer, my employer had not been taking the agreed money out of my check the past 8 months. I was told i would have to either pay the company i work for back the entire amount that has been paid in so far or they could take out extra money on top of what is normally suppose to be taken out to cover , or moeny that is normally suppose to be taken out will continue to do so but will be used to pay them back and won't be put into my 401k until the entire amount is paid back to them, then it will continue to go into my 401k...My question is, since it was the fault of my employer or their accountants , do i have to pay it back or do i have some kind of case since it was their fault the money hadn't been taken out like it was suppose to be.

Sockeye

No case, you need to catch up and it sounds like your employer is willing to work with you.

It sucks, but you should have noticed it wasn't coming out in your paycheck stub.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">