• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

401k match gone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grr80

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ct

At the company I worked part-time for I had a 401k with 3 year cliff vesting. Last hours of work they gave me was in March, 6 days before the 3 years. Then they never gave me any more hours, but never gave me a layoff notice either. I called them for 3 months looking for hours, but they said there was no work. Company had already showed me as fully vested in last 3 statements, but now they say not fully vested for employer match. Looks like they laid me off when they did so that they would not have to pay employer match. Can they legally do that?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What EVIDENCE do you have that you were laid off solely to prevent the employer match from vesting?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">