• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

401k MESS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Touché

What is the name of your state?Tennessee
Please let me start out by saying I did read some of the other posts about 401 k plans. I have researched the unclaimed websites for tennessee and tried to locate the company my friend worked for. The origional company my friend worked for has now moved to mexico and I cannot find an address or phone number for them. The 401 k plan has not been turned over to the state as unclaimed. Does this mean my friend is out of options for locating his 401 k plan??

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Y'know, it would be a whole lot simpler if these posts about 401ks were posted under Fringe Benefits where they belong instead of up here under Brokers and Investments where they don't.

Not necessarily. Give the US DOL a call and see what suggestions they may have - they are the regulatory agency for 401ks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">