• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

401k question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lundman18

My old employer and administrator of my 401k account has had a tax lein put on his business account, which included my 401k money which he put in his account. Now he says he can't pay me. I know this can't be legal but I can't really afford a lawyer at this time. Do I have a chance at getting my $30K back? It has been 8 months. ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mlane58

My old employer and administrator of my 401k account has had a tax lein put on his business account, which included my 401k money which he put in his account. Now he says he can't pay me. I know this can't be legal but I can't really afford a lawyer at this time. Do I have a chance at getting my $30K back? It has been 8 months. ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Contact the Federal Department of Labor (ERISA) and file a complaint, a call to the IRS would also be a good choice.

Beth3

By all means, do what mlane suggests immediately. Diverting employee retirement contributions into a company's operating funds has resulted in jail time for more than one CEO.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">