• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

403b rollover restrictions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jgoebel

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Indiana
I worked as an assistant professor for Butler University from 1992-1999. During this time, Butler and I contributed to a 403B retirement plan run by TIAA-CREF. I now work with the Indiana University system and would dearly love to rollover the funds managed by TIAA-CREF to another manager who manages according to an investing philosophy that I am MUCH more comfortable with and supportive of. However, TIAA-CREF maintains that I do not have the ability to move the funds out from under their management until I am 55 (I am now 46). Is there anything I can do to roll these funds out to another funds manager? Thank you. Joe

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm less familiar with 403bs than with 401ks, but my understanding is that it's entirely up to the plan document whether rollovers are permitted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">