• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

4XDUI driver kills mom and daughters

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stubbbone

2X DUI driver kills mom daughter and son

Grundy county Illinois, My question is how does a 2x DUI'er have a licence to drive? This driver killed a mother and two infant/toddler children last night. Does money talk in these cases? Is there a limit to how many DUI's you can have before you can never drive again.. are lawyers getting people like this back on the road? I bet not to many DUI lawyers respond to this, a few drinks is one thing, but these people need to be locked up after the second one, that may induce them to stop and stay home and get bombed, I see no problem with that.:mad::confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Grundy county Illinois, My question is how does a 4x DUI'er have a licence to drive? This driver killed a mother and two infant/toddler children last night. Does money talk in these cases? Is there a limit to how many DUI's you can have before you can never drive again.. are lawyers getting people like this back on the road? I bet not to many DUI lawyers respond to this, a few drinks is one thing, but these people need to be locked up after the second one, that may induce them to stop and stay home and get bombed, I see no problem with that.:mad::confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Who said the driver had a license? Lack of a license doesn't mean that people stop driving.

Curt581

Why are you assuming he has a valid driver's license?

If you knew how many unlicensed drivers are on the road in your home town, right this minute, you'd completely freak.

It would also depend on when the person received the DUI's. If it was a long time ago, they may have waited the requisite amount of time to actually HAVE their license restored. It's impossible for us to know without more facts. I would assume with the other posters, though, that they were unlicensed.

stubbbone

Why are you assuming he has a valid driver's license?

If you knew how many unlicensed drivers are on the road in your home town, right this minute, you'd completely freak.
very true, but wouldn't the local authorities be watching out for repeats.:confused:

very true, but wouldn't the local authorities be watching out for repeats.:confused:
They can't run every tag of every car that they see. Why do you think they have license checkpoints? That's a big deal here in southern virginia. I got stopped by one a couple of weeks back.

stubbbone

In all the years I have driven in Illinois, I have never been thru a checkpoint, only ones to make sure you are wearing a seatbelt.

In all the years I have driven in Illinois, I have never been thru a checkpoint, only ones to make sure you are wearing a seatbelt.
Well then I am glad I don't live in your state! Notwithstanding, it's impossible for the police to run the tags on every car on the roads to check for repeats. How much do you want your taxes to increase to double the police force?

Unfortunately, most repeats are caught when they mess up yet again.

BigMistakeFl

Tags

Even running the tag on cars cops see driving on the road may not turn up anything. Lots of people drive cars belonging to other friends or family, or work vehicles.

In fact, read through the archives of posts on this forum alone and you'll see an astonishing number of times different people ask what would happen if they get caught driving with a suspended license, or if they can run to another state and apply for a license there because their home state suspended their license.

im 38 and have never been through a check point in Il, MS, or TN! :eek:
Wow...really?! I've been through several sobriety checkpoints since moving to Richmond (about 2 years ago) and I have no idea how many license checkpoints I've been through in my life. They used to set them up on my street all the time growing up, now they have them around my apartment complex (where all the main roads are) all the time. Maybe it's just a Virginia thing!

paguy88

Grundy county Illinois, My question is how does a 4x DUI'er have a licence to drive? This driver killed a mother and two infant/toddler children last night. Does money talk in these cases? Is there a limit to how many DUI's you can have before you can never drive again.. are lawyers getting people like this back on the road? I bet not to many DUI lawyers respond to this, a few drinks is one thing, but these people need to be locked up after the second one, that may induce them to stop and stay home and get bombed, I see no problem with that.:mad::confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
so for the sake of argument.

lets say he did not have a valid DL.

is that really going to stop him from driving?

do you think a person who has several dui's really cares if the DMV has suspended his DL?

with 4 DUIs we have to assume he is a problem drinker. When a problem drinker promises himself he will stay home to get drunk, can he be relied upon to do that? for example, while under the influence at home & he gets into an argument with his wife, can he be relied upon to NOT storm out of the house with car keys in hand? no way. guys with 4 DUIs should never be allowed to drink again unless they're quadriplegic or something like that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">