• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

501c3 tax help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I filed my 1023 for tax exemption. I currently live in Nevada but I am opening up a animal and teen shelter in Vermont. I currently do not have an address in Vermont for my organization, I am seeking funds to by land. I do have a registered agent in Vermont. After contacting the IRS help line and explaining that I don't currently live in Vermont but will be moving once my house sales, the IRS help agent told me to list my registered agent's address, so that is what I listed on my application. Now the person at the IRS handeling my 1023 application say's I must list a physical address for the organization in Vermont and that it can't be my agent. Help I need some advice on what to do now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential