• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

5th Amendment + University

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

And that sort of snark will get you nowhere fast, young friend. You need a lawyer - NOW.

I hope your parents are aware of your activities - especially if they are footing any portion of your college bill (and that includes cosigning loans).
As drug dealing on campus is a big no-no it is unlikely that the parents will have to continue footing the bill. Andforests will very likely be expelled. Which is just sad and a waste. :(

quincy

I too imagine the college career will be cut short with the drug charges.

Any conviction on drug charges will make andforest ineligible for federal aid and will come with the strong possibility of a loss in scholarships, in addition to expulsion from the current university.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
And that sort of snark will get you nowhere fast, young friend. You need a lawyer - NOW.

I hope your parents are aware of your activities - especially if they are footing any portion of your college bill (and that includes cosigning loans).
Of course, it's possible that the parents haven't been helping financially...

...But yes, s/he needs a lawyer.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Of course, it's possible that the parents haven't been helping financially...

...But yes, s/he needs a lawyer.
Yep. But I am also thinking that OP may well find themselves out of school and needing help/place to stay.

And... I dunno.... I'd want to know if it was my kid - paying or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">