• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

6 on deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

famof6

What is the name of your state? Indiana. I am the youngest of six and all of our names are on the family home. Two siblings want to sell the home or buyout. I know myself and three other sibling would like to keep the family home. I need to know what is the best approach to this scenario? Please advise.

Thanks!

HomeGuru

famof6 said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana. I am the youngest of six and all of our names are on the family home. Two siblings want to sell the home or buyout. I know myself and three other sibling would like to keep the family home. I need to know what is the best approach to this scenario? Please advise.

Thanks!
**A: have a meeting and discuss it.

F

famof6

The family and I discussed the home, and two of the siblings wants a buyout. I think I will need to contact a lawyer in order to process the buyout, and to decide how the other siblings are going to be affected by the buyout. I think I should purchase the home (buyout) all siblings, and maintain the home on my own, but I know this could cause a problem with the remaining siblings who want to stay on the house.

HomeGuru

famof6 said:
The family and I discussed the home, and two of the siblings wants a buyout. I think I will need to contact a lawyer in order to process the buyout, and to decide how the other siblings are going to be affected by the buyout. I think I should purchase the home (buyout) all siblings, and maintain the home on my own, but I know this could cause a problem with the remaining siblings who want to stay on the house.
**A: yes, contact the lawyer.

F

famof6

Thank you for the information. Do you think I would be better off buying out all siblings or let the three siblings remain on the home?

Thanks again!

HomeGuru

famof6 said:
Thank you for the information. Do you think I would be better off buying out all siblings or let the three siblings remain on the home?

Thanks again!
**A: total buyout, then rent to them as if they were strangers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">