• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

6 year olds misery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angelave

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Alabama
I've enrolled my daughter in a private christian school for the first grade. Since she has been there she has received 3 bruises and 1 welt to her back by certain students and these students are also contiually verbally harassing her. I have mentioned this on two occassions to her teacher who stated she would handle it. As soon as one incident calms down there seems to be another. My daughter is very gentle and somewhat shy and I have always taught her that violence doesn't solve anything. I have kept a log of the incidents and have tried to make an appointment with the principal but he is always conviently busy. My question is if I withdraw my daughter can they with hold her grades also is there anyway to get a reimbursement since she has been so contiuallyl harrassed. I don't know if this makes any difference but my daughter is white and all her attackers are black.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You probably won't get a reimbursement.

If I were in your shoes? I'd sign my kid up for martial arts classes - they do a great job of giving a kid confidence and an ability to stand up for him/herself. That confidence tends to project itself and make a kid less of a target for bullies. It does NOT mean she has to hit anyone or fight back. But if she has to - once will likely be enough and they'll look for an easier target.

My son started karate at 5, and he's only thrown one punch outside of class or a tournament - to defend another kid who was getting picked on, and he has the control to stop his fist just short of the bully's nose. That alone has made him a force to be reckoned with and the troublemakers steer clear of him and his friends.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">