• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"65" in a 45 in MD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kerrasmom

What is the name of your state? Maryland
I just got stopped yesterday (Friday) speeding. the cop says he was shooting radar, however there was nothing more in his hand than his ticket book. I saw something on top of his car and as I was backing up, I noticed it looked like his radar gun, however it was facing (pointing at) the shoulder and not traffic. I saw him on the side of the road in his unmarked car, but he was doing something in his trunk and as I passed I saw him mouth that I needed to slow down. Since I knew I was speeding, I pulled over thinking that is what I was pulled over for. I was not told how fast I was going or anything of the such, until he tore out the ticket and I asked him how fast I was going. He told me I was doing 65 in a 45. I have many issues with this, because I know I was doing around 55, that is what I was stupidly honest enough to pull over. How funny it was when he finally coughed up my speed I was doing EXACTLY 20 miles over the limit. I was wondering and searching (thats how I found this place) on Maryland laws and how much you get fined for each bracket. I am sure he bumped me up, for this reason. The idiot had no clue how fast I was really going. I am really looking for somewhere I can find out this info. Everywhere I have found the link is not working.

-Sherry

Happy Trails

kerrasmom said:
What is the name of your state? Maryland
I just got stopped yesterday (Friday) speeding. the cop says he was shooting radar, however there was nothing more in his hand than his ticket book. I saw something on top of his car and as I was backing up, I noticed it looked like his radar gun, however it was facing (pointing at) the shoulder and not traffic. I saw him on the side of the road in his unmarked car, but he was doing something in his trunk and as I passed I saw him mouth that I needed to slow down. Since I knew I was speeding, I pulled over thinking that is what I was pulled over for. I was not told how fast I was going or anything of the such, until he tore out the ticket and I asked him how fast I was going. He told me I was doing 65 in a 45. I have many issues with this, because I know I was doing around 55, that is what I was stupidly honest enough to pull over. How funny it was when he finally coughed up my speed I was doing EXACTLY 20 miles over the limit. I was wondering and searching (thats how I found this place) on Maryland laws and how much you get fined for each bracket. I am sure he bumped me up, for this reason. The idiot had no clue how fast I was really going. I am really looking for somewhere I can find out this info. Everywhere I have found the link is not working.

-Sherry
21 801.1 Driving veh. on hwy. at speed exceeding limit. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Exceeding speed limit by:
1 to 9mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $ 65.00
10 to 19mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $ 75.00
20 to 29mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $ 140.00
exceeding speed limit of 65 mph by 20 to 39 mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . $ 275.00
30 to 39mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $ 275.00
40 mph and over . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $ 523.00

This became effective October 1, 2004.

Found at: http://www.courts.state.md.us/district/forms/criminal/dccr90.pdf

Also the fines listed may have additional fees tacked on (local etc.......)

.........................................................................................

Last edited:

JETX

kerrasmom said:
I just got stopped yesterday (Friday) speeding.
Why is it that these idiots always come to this site whining and crying about getting CAUGHT speeding, when the simple solution was to not speed in the first place??

Also, we all know that this is not the first time she was speeding... only the first time she was caught. The simple fact is... you got caught. Hell, you don't even KNOW how fast you were going.... only that you admit to driving above the speed limit.
Bottom line... you have NO defense and clearly the citation was valid. Pay the damn ticket and learn to obey the traffic laws. Pretty simple, huh??

C

Caljamscott

I don't know why you're stating you were doing 55 and he clocked you at 65.

This I don't get :confused:

Is it possible your speedometer isn't working correctly? If that's the case you're still guilty as charged.

C

Caljamscott

JETX said:
Why is it that these idiots always come to this site whining and crying about getting CAUGHT speeding, when the simple solution was to not speed in the first place??
What about the guy who ADMITS to doing 69 in a 30 MPH zone in White Plains, NY? What's gonna happen to HIM?

kerrasmom said:
1 He was doing something in his trunk and as I passed I saw him mouth that I needed to slow down.

2. I have many issues with this, because I know I was doing around 55, that is what I was stupidly honest enough to pull over.

3. How funny it was when he finally coughed up my speed I was doing EXACTLY 20 miles over the limit.

4. The idiot had no clue how fast I was really going.
1. He should've been mouthing something else.

2. Self admitted "stupidly".... heed your own advise.

3. Damn Hilarious!!!!!

4. Idiot?? See number 2. Who is the idiot?

Good luck....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">