• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

6th Yr H1B Xfer and Labor Clearance application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aspengal

What is the name of your state? IL

Dear Lana,
Hope you can help me out. Searched your forum for a similar post but couldnt find any.

I will begin my 6th Year H1 end of July '08. Company B is willing to start my Green Card Process. They would be transfering my Current H1B to their company 1st week of May '08. When is the earliest they can apply for Labor Clearance? Can a H1B Transfer application and labor Clearance be applied together or do I have to wait for an H1B Transfer approval Notice (or least atleast a receipt number) ? I ask this since my time is running out. I do know they have to post ads etc. But do they have to wait for the H1 B Approval?

Thanks much

Regards
H

ImmigAttyLana

Labor certification application can be started at any point the employer is willing to do so. It can be done without you even working for that employer at the time of filing.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

aspengal

Thank you so much Lana, That clarifies a lot.

Lots of confusing information out there on the Experience Letters. Hope u can help me on that one.

Do I have to submit experience letters while filing for LC or is it the I 140?

I worked for 2 employers in the past + my new employer who is going to do my GC.

I have an experience letter from Company 2 whom I worked for 2 years and 8 months.
I do not have the letter from Company 1 whom I worked for before Company 2 for 2 years.
My new employer will be giving his reference letters as well.

Is it absoultey necessary to get the letter from my Company 1 or does the letter from Company 2 and Prospective Employer suffice?

I have a Masters Degree from the US and about 5 years experience.

Thankyou.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">