• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

79 in 55

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

er022

i live in md and i just got a ticket for doing 79 in a 55 the fine is 140 dollars but the cop didnt say whether or not there was any points involved? i didnt realize i was going that fast and i really cant allow any more points to go on my license. please help

Not trying to ridicule, but I see these posts and it amazes me at the people not wanting "points" on thier licenses. There are many people out there who have no points.... why? They obey the law. It is lot easier to avoid the points by driving within the law, then coming on here after the fact, asking for help. How can you fight a 25 over speeding ticket? You didn't realize your were going that fast? Were your eyes closed? Did you not notice the other traffic going 20 miles an hour slower than you? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ColinsMom

er022 - please don't let people like the previous poster make you feel badly...no one is perfect...we all make mistakes. The people with no points on their licenses are those that have been lucky enough to have not gotten caught. EVERYONE has gone over the speed limit at least once, if not much, much, more in his life...most people speed every single day.

I wouldn't recommend this board...the people here are nasty and do nothing but give arrogant, rude, and pompous remarks. I too came here seeking advice and some support by fellow citizens, but all I received was much the same as you have...I would try and seek advice elsewhere. I was told I could contact the DA in the area the ticket occured for more on what to do.

Crazed98

ColinsMom said:
er022 - please don't let people like the previous poster make you feel badly...no one is perfect...we all make mistakes. The people with no points on their licenses are those that have been lucky enough to have not gotten caught. EVERYONE has gone over the speed limit at least once, if not much, much, more in his life...most people speed every single day.

I wouldn't recommend this board...the people here are nasty and do nothing but give arrogant, rude, and pompous remarks. I too came here seeking advice and some support by fellow citizens, but all I received was much the same as you have...I would try and seek advice elsewhere. I was told I could contact the DA in the area the ticket occured for more on what to do.

Er022 got exactly what he asked for, if any points would be added to his license.

poohmantbb's post wasn't arrogant at all he was giving decent advice if you REALLY can't allow any points on your license then all you need to do is make a point not to break the traffic laws.

ColinsMom said:

No, Hon. There's a lot of people who don't go 79 in a 55 zone. It's people like this guy who cause accidents and drive up insurance rates for everybody.
He deserves his points.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">