• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

8-year-old suspended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

capn23

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was informed that my 8-year-old third grader is being suspended from school.

He was accused by another child of "humping" another child while the other child was at the urinal.

My son says he was waiting to use the urinal behind the other student. When the other student backed up, they apparently bumped. Both the children were fully clothed. No skin contact at all.

My son has never had a behavior problem. Never been in trouble at all. I am completely convinced the children accidently bumped.

I don't know how an 8-year-old knows what humping is. Mine does not.

There were no witnesses to the event. The other child went to a teacher after he left the restroom and said he was humping me.

I think the child heard the word or learned the word somewhere and when they bumped in that position, he felt like he knew what that was...humping.

I absolutely do not want a school suspension on my child's record. He has always been an excellent and well-behaved student. I especially don't want a suspension with the charge of sexual harrassment (which is what the school is saying) against him.

I think I need a lawyer.

S

SRMcMahon

any news yet?

just wondering what's been happening in this one.

WyattJ

My 9 year that is in 3rd grade was suspended because he kissed a girl. The school look at that as sexual harrassmet.

I was upset but nothing I could do cuz the little girl said it bothered her. I guess they teach them young. Which don't get me wrong is a good thing.

I spoke to my son about that behavior but of course, where did he and all these little learns things...parents, guardians, teachers....etc.

In your case I can not blame you...accidents do happen. Keep up posted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">