• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eetchocolate57

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? south carolina
my son was burned & 911 ems was called I was placed on hold thru 4 messages resulting 2nd & 3rd degree injuries is there any legal recourse that can be taken?

Isis1

How was being put on hold intensifying the burns? Was the operator gossiping on the other line? Or deal with just as important emergencies? Where was your son during this call?

CdwJava

I am assuming that your location is not an urban area and that the phone transfers had to be made from the 911 operator to medical services, etc. It may well be that the local EMS system needs to be overhauled and streamlined, but I doubt you can successfully sue anyone for the delay caused by the transferring of phones.

Now, if you can prove reckless disregard or some sort of malfeasance, you might have a claim if it can be shown that the delay in transferring the call resulted in greater damages.

While it is not likely that you have a claim, you will not know for sure unless you engage an attorney who can look into the relevant facts of the situation.

I pray that your son will recover from his injuries.

Typically, to sue an actor of the government, one must show that the action(s) of the government official was grossly negligent and that those action(s) were a/the proximate cause of the injury.

Furthermore, many states and municipalities have immunity from law suits unless your action fits into a statutory exception.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">