• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A bit of info from experience...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nailtech

To all of you who plan on keeping you vehicles current..
this is my experience...

Ford credit quit sending monthly statements to us because they would not contact us due to our filing.. we were current and planned on staying that way so I had to call to get a different address to send payment to while going through bankruptcy with out a statement so keep at least one statement you can photo copy to reuse until your plight is over...

my second problem was...

my truck note was automatically deducted from my checking account each month, noticed today while reconciling my bank statement it was not deducted, looked on last months and it was also not deducted, so they will not deduct while going through bankruptcy either.. had to call and get another address to send payment to and beg to get a statement sent to me, wether they do or not will remain to be seen... so experience is,... make your payment wether your getting a statement or not.. like the lady told me, if I had not called, they could have come and picked up the vehicles afterwards even though I thought they were deducting...

the law that will not let them contact you will also hurt you as well... so watch your payments... like the nice lady told me today, when they are told not to contact, they take it very seriously they dont want any trouble... and they also have a seperate mailing address for bankruptcy payers... so call and protect your house or cars... (just my experience)...

;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">