• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A/C leak covered?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HRZ

I have no doubt that newer systems are far more efficient, but some of the newer systems are ultra expensive to service even for small rather inexpensive components if they fail, and a system with 1000 components is more likely to fail than one with 100 components . Be careful about bells and whistles you are unlikely to ever use.

A well intentioned brother who never vacuumed a unit or noticed a missing P trap is not going to be the preferred maintenance person on newer stuff!

LauraG3

Yes, he never vacuumed. So 4yrs of accumulation. The unit never had a P trap and worked very well without it for 37yrs. There are 24 condos with the same unit installed, no P traps. I think only 4 have gotten a new system, none due to a cracked drain pan that I’m aware of.

Time for a new a/c for me and new flooring too, all at the same time.. ugh! I will definitely have the newer unit professionally maintained annually. Thank you very much for your input!! I don’t know where to start in finding the best system, or whether to go with one of the systems offered by American Home Shield and their service contractor. Time to learn.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">