• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A case of felony larceny & stolen identity. Ex wife & her boyfriend stole from a CVS. Yet CVS some how got my name too what do i do???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

What is the name of your state?North Carolina
Tell CVS it was not you in CVS but your ex and her boyfriend?

If you are charged with the theft, however, hire an attorney and say nothing more about the theft to anyone (including CVS and the police) without direction first from your attorney.

Lilygk0501

Yes the local cops served a warrant on my bf this morning & he turned him self in & got out on a written promise. The ex wife is actually currently in jail & we didn't connect the dots until looking up her record. Then found she had the same charges, on the same day, & in the same county. Also yes we do have his time card from work for the day in question were my bf was really at work.

quincy

So you are a girlfriend and your boyfriend was arrested along with his ex. Okay.

Yes, He will want an attorney. If all is as you say, the attorney probably can get charges dismissed with your boyfriend's proof that he was at work.

HRZ

ITs not a we question....the safety of his hide depends on the credibility of the time card and being able to prove he was at work ....I'd be very hesitant about doing this wo a lawyer in my camp...sorry..but his hide favors having lawyer aboard .

quincy

The title of your thread does not go along with the content of your thread, by the way, unless you are somehow involved as more than the girlfriend of the boyfriend who is suspected of theft.

Lilygk0501

Yes I am the gf & my bf was not involved what so ever the county is 2hrs away. I can not say if it was in fact his ex wife or not but like I mentioned she has the same charges, on the same day, & even from the same officer is all I can see online. So my detective skills say it was his ex wife & her new bf who shoplifted & some how some way CVS got a name from I license plate or what because no one was arrested that day. So honestly don't really know how my bf's name got brought into it but here we are due in court on Monday.

quincy

You keep saying "we." Are you suspected of theft, as well? What about the identity theft you mention in your thread title? Where does that come in?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">