• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A concealed weapons license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pross001

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I recently took, and passed a concealed weapons class, and I'm about to fill out the application to get the license. However, 12 years ago, I was Baker acted, and the case was dismissed. The fact that I was Baker acted, will this keep me from getting the license?

A few weeks ago, I legally bought a firearm. Since, the state allowed me to buy the gun, is that sufficient enough to assume that they will allow me to receive the license?

Obviously, I am assuming that I do have to answer the question in the application whether I was involuntary committed.

I sent the same question to a Florida lawyer at US Law Shield. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow, I'll call them again. But, I would like hear other people's opinion on this also.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">