• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

a convicted felon trying to marry a parolee in the state of wv

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brooke143

west virginia
hello I am trying to get some answers on me being a convicted felon trying to marry my fiancé that is going to be on parole come September. I am not on any paper I discharged my sentence from prison in august. is it going to be okay or even possible for us to get married or is it going to create issues. how do we go about mentioning it to his parole officer when the time comes?

quincy

west virginia
hello I am trying to get some answers on me being a convicted felon trying to marry my fiancé that is going to be on parole come September. I am not on any paper I discharged my sentence from prison in august. is it going to be okay or even possible for us to get married or is it going to create issues. how do we go about mentioning it to his parole officer when the time comes?
Whether or not you will be allowed to marry and then live with your fiancé will depend on the terms and conditions of his parole. One condition of parole can be for the parolee to not associate with any known felons.

This can be discussed with your fiancé's parole officer once your fiancé is paroled.

Good luck.

Brooke143

Whether or not you will be allowed to marry and then live with your fiancé will depend on the terms and conditions of his parole. One condition of parole can be for the parolee to not associate with any known felons.

This can be discussed with your fiancé's parole officer once your fiancé is paroled.

Good luck.
thank you. im scared that he is going to mention me though and then he is gonna get in trouble or get violated for me being a felon because it would be obvious he is around me if im his fiance

quincy

thank you. im scared that he is going to mention me though and then he is gonna get in trouble or get violated for me being a felon because it would be obvious he is around me if im his fiance
It is better that he learns if being with you would be a violation of his parole before he violates.

He and you do not want him returned to prison to serve out the rest of his sentence.

quincy

West Virginia allows for prisoner visits from felons if the felon is immediate family, is not a victim of the inmate, and/or has been arrest and incarceration free for two years or more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
West Virginia allows for prisoner visits from felons if the felon is immediate family, is not a victim of the inmate, and/or has been arrest and incarceration free for two years or more.
Yes - I removed my question(s) because I felt they were actually irrelevant. I guess I wasn't fast enough ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">