• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A.D.A. Reasonable accommodation a closer parking spot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wrenchturner

What is the name of your state? california

Employer has offered a closer parking spot as a reasonable accommodation. Although i know it won't help. Should i accept it and ask to have it changed later ( after a few weeks). This would at least establish my employers acknowledgement of need for accommodation and a A.D.A. qualifying disability.?????????????

zddoodah

Employer has offered a closer parking spot as a reasonable accommodation.
Offered to you, right? Closer than what? As a reasonable accommodation for what?

i know it won't help.
Why not?

Should i accept it and ask to have it changed later ( after a few weeks).
Ask to have it changed to what?

If you answer those questions (i.e., provide relevant facts), then someone might be able to address your question.

quincy

Employer has offered a closer parking spot as a reasonable accommodation. Although i know it won't help. Should i accept it and ask to have it changed later ( after a few weeks). This would at least establish my employers acknowledgement of need for accommodation and a A.D.A. qualifying disability.?????????????
If the change in parking spot is not going to help you, it is probably better to tell your employer now rather than later. The employer will need to post a sign and paint the space. He will not be pleased if he has to do this twice.

Last edited:

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member

If it won't help you, then don't accept it and leave that spot available for some other person who might truly have need of it. Your employer's offer of the accommodation already accomplishes what you want — the recognition of a disability. You accepting that will not make any difference there. Instead, if you know it won't help, tell your employer now and let the employer know what you think is needed to accommodate your disability. Waiting to address the need for a truly useful accommodation doesn't serve your interests; the sooner you get an effective accommodation the better it will be for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">