• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

a day of fun turned into a Disaster

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rose27

I had a problem yesterday. My friends and I rented a charter bus to travel to Kings Dominium amusement park. The trip was not school related. It was a personal trip. The driver was upset that there was no chaparones. Is there a law that states a person over 21 must accompany a group of teenagers on a charter bus? We had people over 18 attending the trip and there was nothing on the bus contract about liability issues. Each person attending the trip had a signed permisson slip from their parents, saying that the club was not liabile for any injuries on the trip.
Our trip was canceled due to lack of transportation and was reschulded for next week but I need to know if there is a law where someone over 21 needs to accompany us to the park.

P

prairielaw3

This will depend on state law, and as each state different, there is no "one" answer to your question. But, whether or not a law, if there a disagfreement next week, a court would not be able to resovle itanyhow quickly enough so that next week not also ruined. call the bus company and clarify what they want, so both on same page in advance, so you can be prepared.
good luck, and i hope next week is better.
George Senteney

------------------
George H. Senteney
http://www.prairielaw.com

R

rose27

thank you for responding. The incident occured in Maryland but the bus was suppose to take the group to Virigina.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">