• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A few questions about Public Urination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

embarrased

hello?

I got a public urination ticket and I was wondering what the procedure is? I was give a court date, but I am wondering if I can pay a fine. If in court, will I have to recite the whole event? What are the boundries for this charge? Do you have to be caught "in the act"?
Thanks for your help!!

D

dsut

Yes you should be able to just pay the fine. Contact the court clerk in the respective juristiction. Public urination? Hmmm. Next time don't do it when the cops are there.

------------------
I ain't a lawyer. I ain't a copper. I'm a true blue American that believes in Freedom for all. Provided they ain't criminals.

E

embarrased

Thanks a lot for the thought...I'd heard that but wasn't sure if it was acceptable. My ticket has no fine, only a court date so I was curious. Again, thanks.

P

Play "Misty" For Me

My response:

"And now, a word from our sponsor . . . "

Hello. Do you have trouble with bladder control? Did you know that 9 out of 10 people do? And that 4 out of 5 dentists agree? It doesn't have to be embarrassing!! Public urination can be a joyous and carefree event . . . get "Depends!" Yes, "Depends" are the adult diaper made especially for the active, sportsminded, and lazy, adult. With "Depends" dual action anti-wetting agent, Public Urination can be an everyday occurrance. Feel free again, and know that "Depends" will spare you from those unsightly "wet spots" and from getting the police involved. So, get Depends today!!"

Another fine product from the folks at FreeAdvice.Com.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by embarrased:
I got a public urination ticket and I was wondering what the procedure is? I was give a court date, but I am wondering if I can pay a fine. If in court, will I have to recite the whole event? What are the boundries for this charge? Do you have to be caught "in the act"?
Thanks for your help!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did the officer cuff the offending item ? Whatever you do, do not repeat the offence in court...

Seriously, if you plead guilty then you should not have to demonstrate the act ..

:)

E

embarrased

Thanks, hopefully I've learned my lesson. Nothing was cuffed!!! haha Yea, I'm pretty sure it won't be requested that I recreate the incident.

Yea, and it's not a bladder control problem it's a "bar closed before I got to the bathroom and the car was too far away"
Thanks all and have a good day...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by embarrased:
Thanks, hopefully I've learned my lesson. Nothing was cuffed!!! haha Yea, I'm pretty sure it won't be requested that I recreate the incident.

Yea, and it's not a bladder control problem it's a "bar closed before I got to the bathroom and the car was too far away"
Thanks all and have a good day...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Thanks for being a good sport about this!! In hindsight, you'll be laughing about this too. We've all been there, done that. You, unfortunately, got caught. So, we were just pissing some time away by responding with some levity.

Come back to let us know what happens in court.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

E

embarrased

Court came and went. (I called the courthouse to see if I could pay a fine and they said I must appear). I plead guilty and was assesed a $90 fine payable in a couple weeks. Was way to stressed for the situation. News Headline: Urinationg Problem Corrected (hopefully). Thanks all and have a great day!!!!

greendaysm4

Public Urination = Lewdness

I was pulled over by the Utah state police and arrested for public urination at a rest stop about 30 miles back. The rest stop attendent reported me. I was charged with Lewdness which means I have to be a registered sex offender. Is there any way i can get the charge dropped to something less harsh?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
He couldn't be bothered to head to the RESTROOM at the rest stop? It never ceases to amaze...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">