• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A friend's betrayal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

REParker819

I am not sure this is the right board for this message, but I thought I would give it a shot. A couple of years ago, my friend of about 10 years and her husband offered to take an old car off of my hands(it needed major work, and I had no money for it), and give me another car to replace it. I signed the title over to them, and they said they would give me the title to the other car. I was going to be going to college in another state, and needed a reliable car, which they assured me it was. Up until about a month ago, when I spoke to them about the car, they said it was still sitting in their garage, and when I had the money to get it insured, I could come and get it. I was stupid to trust them, I suppose. But she was my friend. Another friend of mine saw the car that was given to me in a parking lot one day, so I went to their house, and spoke to their teenage daughter, and she said they sold it about a year ago. My previous car they sold for $800, according to the girl. Is there anything I can do about this? I know that I was dumb, but I was young and trusting. So much for that. What should I do? My husband and I need that car now to get him back and forth to work. Thank you for responding to this post in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">