• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A joint custody question.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
My ex-husband and I share joint custody since 2000. We both live in NC about ten minutes from eachother. WE are both remarried and he has a 3rd child 11 months old. Now since we seperated in 2000 he is suppose to pay half of all medical, dental, and any monies spent on kids as far as school, sports, ect. He has never paid me a dime and this year he is slowly pulling himself away from my children. Since May 23, 2008 the kids have been with me about 18 weeks. Since August 25, 2008 he has had the kids 1 week and he is suppose to get them every other week. He has never had to pay child support but again half of their bills. I am filing papers with my lawyer regarding the money he has never paid for the kids and I want to make a motion for full custody because he is not doing what he is suppose to. My son and daughter have had alot of emotional issues and have been in counseling for eight months. I take the kids to all their doctor, and dental appointments not to mention functions in school and with friends. He never does any of that. My ex-husband could not even tell you who my kids teachers are. He is not involved. Do I have a chance at getting full custody with child support? What do I need to do to prepare?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential