• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A little more help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hempy77

What is the name of your state?CO
First i have to say thank you to most who participate in this forum your information is helpfull and answers questions I did not know I had.

One question comes on exemptions I have some outdoor equipment for camping, snowsports and an old kayak I am not sure if I can claim this as an exemption? I know Colorado allows $3000 for houshold goods but does this fall into that category? Any sugestions would help.

The other deals with rent, I do not have a lease where I live but do have to pay rent, is there anything special I need to do since my rent will not show up on current contracts or leases but will be included in expences.

Thanks again for the info as I can not afford to use an lawer.

Ladynred

I have some outdoor equipment for camping, snowsports and an old kayak I am not sure if I can claim this as an exemption? I know Colorado allows $3000 for houshold goods but does this fall into that category?
Its ALL part of your 'personal property' and in order to keep it you'll have to get it under that 3K exemption for ALL your stuff.

I do not have a lease where I live but do have to pay rent, is there anything special I need to do since my rent will not show up on current contracts or leases but will be included in expences.
Do you have any PROOF that you're obligated to pay rent ??? You can claim the expense, but if you're living with Mom and Dad or with a friend, you'd better be able to prove that you ARE obligated/required to pay rent.

hempy77

Ladynred,
Thanks for the quick reply, with the outdoor equip. I really do not have much else so I have no problem getting it under the $3000 total with my other belongings.
What would be considered proof I have to pay, I do not live my parents, I do live in a house with my friend as my roomate but I do not know the owner and that is who I pay.
Thanks again for the info.

Ladynred

Are you slitting the rent with your friend ??? Does the landlord know ??
Get something in writing and be able to show that you've been paying rent consistently.

hempy77

I have been paying rent regularly and yes the landlord knows I am here he just never got arround to sending the lease over for me to sign. I will see if I can get one and sign it.
Thanks again for the assistance, you seem to be one of the most knowledgeable on the forum and don't waist everybodys time by making deragatory commets you just are willing to help and I really appreciate it.
Thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">