• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A new life insurance policy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sheri74

What is the name of your state? west seneca,NY
If my now ex-fiance that I was with for 12yrs, decides to get a life insurance policy or continues to pay on on a current one can I have him put me on as the beneficery for our 2 kids until they turn 18?

justalayman

sheri74 said:
If my now ex-fiance that I was with for 12yrs, decides to get a life insurance policy or continues to pay on on a current one can I have him put me on as the beneficery for our 2 kids until they turn 18?
Does he want to put you on as beneficiary? If so, then no problem but why would he not just put the children on as beneficiaries? He can name anybody he wants to as beneficiaries.

If not, then you could ask the courts to require him to purchase life insurance to benfit the children. No guarantees but an option. This is with the understanding they are your jointly parented children. Are you seeking child support now? If so, include this in your request.

BTW: waiting 12years for the ring; now that is patience.

Betty

Just a note: If minor children are named as beneficiaries on a life ins. policy, it is always best to name a trustee for them.

S

shell007

sheri74 said:
Ex-fiancé can name anyone HE wants as beneficiary to HIS life insurance policy.

If he happens to like the girl working at the "corner CONVENIENT STORE", HE can list her as the beneficiary to HIS life insurance policy if he wants to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">