• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Parole condition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Melons778

My boyfriend is on Parole(high control) and one of his conditions is to stay away from me from an incident in 98. What is the process (if any) to get that removed? Should we get married? Would that work? Or do we just have to wait until he is off of Parole? I have no restraining order or either does the court, it's just one of his conditions. He's afraid to talk to his Parole officer for fear of them knowing that he has contact. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. =)

calatty

If it was for a domestic violence incident, it is unlikely you will be able to do anything. Getting married would not help, and would violate his parole condition.

M

Melons778

Calatty they can keep married people away from each other?

M

mrsmouse2000

I understand what you are going through. I am married to my husband, he is to be paroled July 5. We were codefendants in a forgery case, and I was ordered to have no contact with him as a condition of probation. So, I went to the judge (I live in MO) and filed a motion to modify my probation condition. I went pro se, meaning I represented myself, but a guy I know who is in prison for armed robbery did the writing of it. I WON! So, get a lawyer, or get a person who does work like the guy I know. We have been married for 15 years. He did not get a condition on his, and got 1 year probation (plus his parole time) despite the fact it was his 4th felony. I got 4 years probation. Good luck. Fight back. Don't let them win.

Mom2BeSomeday

I understand what you are going through. I am married to my husband, he is to be paroled July 5. We were codefendants in a forgery case, and I was ordered to have no contact with him as a condition of probation. So, I went to the judge (I live in MO) and filed a motion to modify my probation condition. I went pro se, meaning I represented myself, but a guy I know who is in prison for armed robbery did the writing of it. I WON! So, get a lawyer, or get a person who does work like the guy I know. We have been married for 15 years. He did not get a condition on his, and got 1 year probation (plus his parole time) despite the fact it was his 4th felony. I got 4 years probation. Good luck. Fight back. Don't let them win.

IM also having htat same problem but dont know how to go by writing them could u help or anyone help?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">