• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Real Stumper

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stepgmom

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California :confused:

I am in a real quandery as what to do about this unusual situation.

I leased a 3 1/2 acre propery with a store, 2 houses, auto shop, pastures and corrals, and a mobile home pad on it. In my lease I signed it states I am responsible for all rentals, ie, rental amounts, upkeep, etc. Well, the small house was vacant when I took over the lease. My cousin moved from Oklahoma to partner with me in running the store. There have been no official docs signed regarding that part. The part I am having trouble with is that she is no longer an informal partner and the relationship has soured greatly. Now, she is living in the small house with no official lease agreement or rental agreement whatsoever. She is not on my lease for the property whatsoever.
What do I do about making her pay rent or evicting her? What are my responsibilities for her horses that she has in the corral?

BelizeBreeze

stepgmom said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California :confused:

I am in a real quandery as what to do about this unusual situation.

I leased a 3 1/2 acre propery with a store, 2 houses, auto shop, pastures and corrals, and a mobile home pad on it. In my lease I signed it states I am responsible for all rentals, ie, rental amounts, upkeep, etc. Well, the small house was vacant when I took over the lease. My cousin moved from Oklahoma to partner with me in running the store. There have been no official docs signed regarding that part. The part I am having trouble with is that she is no longer an informal partner and the relationship has soured greatly. Now, she is living in the small house with no official lease agreement or rental agreement whatsoever. She is not on my lease for the property whatsoever.
What do I do about making her pay rent or evicting her? What are my responsibilities for her horses that she has in the corral?
Not so unusual. She has no lease and is therefore a month to month tenant. Send her a certified (RRR) letter informing her that she has 30 days to vacate or you will begin eviction procedures.

And the horses go with her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">