• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A reship company is holding my packages hostage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

neobev

Thanks for answering my question, neobev.

I know some goods ready for shipping from overseas have been seized because the goods were purchased using stolen credit cards.

Thanks, Zigner. I think using reshippers is a way to avoid the payment of taxes, too.
I've heard of tax evasion/import duty evasion being an issue, but I do not believe I am evading any fees. I've never been asked to pay any duties when having international vendors ship directly to my US address, so I'm not sure what would be different in this case. I only use the reship company when the international vendor does not wish to ship directly to the US (the added hassle and/or expense, the lack of international tracking making customer service issues difficult, etc.), so a middleman must be inserted for that reason alone.

I'm also not using a stolen credit card - I have no way to verify that in this kind of anonymous online forum, but I feel confident I wouldn't be wondering what could possibly be the issue here if I was in fact using stolen credit cards haha.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If the authorities in another country have held up your shipment, then you are going to have to deal with the authorities in that country.

This really isn't a US law matter...

quincy

I've heard of tax evasion/import duty evasion being an issue, but I do not believe I am evading any fees. I've never been asked to pay any duties when having international vendors ship directly to my US address, so I'm not sure what would be different in this case. I only use the reship company when the international vendor does not wish to ship directly to the US (the added hassle and/or expense, the lack of international tracking making customer service issues difficult, etc.), so a middleman must be inserted for that reason alone.

I'm also not using a stolen credit card - I have no way to verify that in this kind of anonymous online forum, but I feel confident I wouldn't be wondering what could possibly be the issue here if I was in fact using stolen credit cards haha.
I believe that the stolen credit card problem originates with the sellers of the goods and not the purchasers of the goods. That would be one reason why a foreign country would prevent shipping.

But, yes, I agree with Zigner that you will probably need the assistance of an attorney in whatever country is holding your purchases. You will need to contact the reshipper to find out where the goods you purchased are located. The laws of the country that holds your goods will be the laws that apply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">