• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A simple one.....I think.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tenaka

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? FL

I have an item up for sale on an online auction site that includes the following paragraph that references "Best Buy". This is the only part of the ad that mentions the store:

"I had a full 4-year warranty from Best Buy but they refused to fix it under warranty and basically just ticked me off. I spent $439 for the <item> ($499 minus a $60 coupon) plus another $79 for the worthless 4-year warranty. They did say that they could get it repaired, just not under my warranty, meaning I had to pay them even more money. They said the replacement <part> was about $115. At this point, I left the store vowing to never shop there again (yeah right) and decided to just list the <item> for parts or repair."​

I have recently received a reponse from another auction site member that reads as follows:

hi your waranty with best buy is not for accidental damage. so why are you ticked off at the store ? I work there and we are an honest store. it is like car insurance, you bang the car on a tree yourself but have liability only, you cannot get it fixed you nincompoop. I wish someone higher up from best buy takes you up on this for slander of people and a store who is honest. But for idiots like you who cannot take car of things, getting a bad rep. go one take your business somewhere, we do not need cretins like you shopping at our store anyway. best buy employee​

First question: Have I slandered in any way as he claims? If so, should I be worried about it or make an attempt to change, cancel the auction? :confused:

Second question: Has he now slandered in any way against me? :mad:

BelizeBreeze

Tenaka said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? FL

I have an item up for sale on an online auction site that includes the following paragraph that references "Best Buy". This is the only part of the ad that mentions the store:

"I had a full 4-year warranty from Best Buy but they refused to fix it under warranty and basically just ticked me off. I spent $439 for the <item> ($499 minus a $60 coupon) plus another $79 for the worthless 4-year warranty. They did say that they could get it repaired, just not under my warranty, meaning I had to pay them even more money. They said the replacement <part> was about $115. At this point, I left the store vowing to never shop there again (yeah right) and decided to just list the <item> for parts or repair."​

I have recently received a reponse from another auction site member that reads as follows:

hi your waranty with best buy is not for accidental damage. so why are you ticked off at the store ? I work there and we are an honest store. it is like car insurance, you bang the car on a tree yourself but have liability only, you cannot get it fixed you nincompoop. I wish someone higher up from best buy takes you up on this for slander of people and a store who is honest. But for idiots like you who cannot take car of things, getting a bad rep. go one take your business somewhere, we do not need cretins like you shopping at our store anyway. best buy employee​

First question: Have I slandered in any way as he claims? If so, should I be worried about it or make an attempt to change, cancel the auction? :confused:
Relax. You haven't slandered them.

Second question: Has he now slandered in any way against me? :mad:
no on that count either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">