• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Spiteful father from Delaware

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sunshine8387

What is the name of your state? The father of my child and I broke up and he refuses to help me with our son. We don't have any custody agreements, and I feel like he will take my child from me out of spit. He is unfit and takes pills to where he can't function at night which has led to my child opening doors in the middle of the night while I'm a work on 3rd shift. He refuses to agree to any child support claiming he wants 50/50 custody. I fear for my child while I'm not around. He's made it to where I can't provide due to making me late to work every night being as we used to share a car and he's been noncompliant with a move to work program which requires check stubs, which have resulted in them wanting to terminate my lease. I'm head of household and he moved back with his step grandmother. I got the custodial parent packet because our child lives with me. Can I file child support on him even if he refuses to come to an agreement on the care of our child. My son is in my possession and I'm afraid to let him see him due to threats of making my life hell. I have proof of my son running out in the middle of the night while his father was sleep. And I know for a fact that he is on drugs hints the reason he falls asleep before my child and won't wake up to watch him while I work overnight. Please help, I need answers. Should I wait for a court order, can I file child support even after his threats of taking me to court to try and gain 50/50 custody. I'm afraid for my child's wellbeing while in his father's care

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Yes, you can file for child support.

What kind of custody agreement would you be happy with?

HRZ

He doesn't owe a dime of,child support until,some court order says he does ..and such orders are rarely retroactive ...so,get started today.

Father has no custody/visitation rights until there is an order,for such in place.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? The father of my child and I broke up and he refuses to help me with our son. We don't have any custody agreements, and I feel like he will take my child from me out of spit. He is unfit and takes pills to where he can't function at night which has led to my child opening doors in the middle of the night while I'm a work on 3rd shift. He refuses to agree to any child support claiming he wants 50/50 custody. I fear for my child while I'm not around. He's made it to where I can't provide due to making me late to work every night being as we used to share a car and he's been noncompliant with a move to work program which requires check stubs, which have resulted in them wanting to terminate my lease. I'm head of household and he moved back with his step grandmother. I got the custodial parent packet because our child lives with me. Can I file child support on him even if he refuses to come to an agreement on the care of our child. My son is in my possession and I'm afraid to let him see him due to threats of making my life hell. I have proof of my son running out in the middle of the night while his father was sleep. And I know for a fact that he is on drugs hints the reason he falls asleep before my child and won't wake up to watch him while I work overnight. Please help, I need answers. Should I wait for a court order, can I file child support even after his threats of taking me to court to try and gain 50/50 custody. I'm afraid for my child's wellbeing while in his father's care
You might as well file for both primary custody and child support at the same time. If you don't, dad is just going to turn around and file for custody himself, so you will end up in court over custody, anyway.

commentator

How's he going to take you to court, when from the sound of it, he doesn't have enough money to pay attention, (or child support) much less hire a lawyer? It doesn't by any means sound like he's sharp enough to take you to court without an attorney, or well heeled enough to hire one. You need a child support order and established custody, sooner you get all this established, the better, and I suspect that if he doesn't get out of child support with 50/50 custody, he probably will not be too pushy about carrying out the visitation anyway. He's all about making threats, but you need to do something.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Are the drugs dad takes legal or illegal? Are they prescribed for him? How old is the child? And dad has every right to ask for and even gain 50/50 custody. What proof do you have? Who is watching your child while you work now?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
He doesn't owe a dime of,child support until,some court order says he does ..and such orders are rarely retroactive ...so,get started today.

Father has no custody/visitation rights until there is an order,for such in place.
No ENFORCEABLE custody/visitation rights in a an unwed situation. Let's be accurate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">