• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandoned Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rltony

What is the name of your state? NYS

I am purchasing a property in Staten Island and the lot behind my property is owned by an elderly couple with I believe 3 children. I have tried to contact all parties, but I have not received any response. The property is not maintained and has a foundation on it, which can harbor mosquitos and other insects. What are my rights, if I have any about this property? My next move is to contact the department of Health and to report this lot. I would rather purchase this land for myself, but I have no one to contact at this point. What are my rights?

[email protected]

check with zoning about what the property owners responsibility is maintaining their property. Also check with the county boulding and you will be able to get the lot descripion and find the owners last address. Also i would check and see if the taxes have been paid, you might be able to pick it for back taxes. the owner has the option to pay you and court cost and get the property back but you might get a good deal in the process, if the dont.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">