• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandonment or neglect?What can we do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Ohio
My grandaughter's mom moved to Georgia and left my grandaughter and her brother here.Grandaughter is 15 and brother is 13. Each child has a different father. Mom took 3rd child with her....she also has a different father.Both father's here in town are filing for custody of their children. Both father's are still paying childsupport and my grandaughter goes to her mom's PO Box every few days and gets mail and sends mail to her mom. Mom has not notified child support that she has moved AND grandaughter is not receiving any of the support that her father is paying! Mom left grandaughter with people that she is not even related to. Father lives locally. This woman allows grandaughter's 20 yr. old boyfriend to spend the night. According to grandaughter, they are not having sex. Step-mom (my daughter) wonders if they can take custody of her now as they have filed with Juvenile Court for custody with a Pro Se Packet. Father goes before Magistrate on Oct. 31,2005.

Please advise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential