• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? WI

My brother's wife up and left him and took their two children. She
moved to another state/Illinois, after living in Wisconsin for 7 years.
I'd like to give my brother some "real" advice. If my husband moved
out one day with my children, I'd be out for blood. These kids are
his kids too.


Junior Member
more info

no she did not file for a divorce or separation before
leaving with the kids. She just left and moved in
with her father. Now claims that her father is paying
for divorce lawyer and filing of the paperwork.


Senior Member
realitycheck said:
Is this legal? What can he do to get his kids back? Should he call
the police (kidnapping)? Find a lawyer?
Its not kidnapping. She has equal rights to the children and it was perfectly legal for her to do what she did. He needs to get himself an attorney.


Junior Member
to freespeech

I guess you didn't read the part about his wife's FATHER is paying for her
lawyer and also providing a home/food and shelter for her and the children. My brother and I never had a father and our mother died in 2003. I'm the only family he has besides his children...I'll be involved so long and as far as he needs me.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential