• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

abondonment laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My sons father has not paid child support in 2 years nor has he had any contact with him. No phone calls no visitation. I have attempted to get him involved in my sons life and he refusses. He is listed as the father in the birth certificate. Can I file abandonment charges on him? I live in New Mexico. He has a good lawyer and I can not afford one so, if I can file could you please advice me as to where I can find the help to do so?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential