• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

about homeowners ins claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mscurlytop

We had a roof put on by a contractor. It was an insurance job due to hail damage. Our ins co adjustor brought this roofer to our house and the two of them came up with an amount. We elected to use this roofer figuring he must be a repetable one due to the fact our ins co brought him with them. The roof was done in sept of last yr. The ins co. send the check to us to be endorsed by us and our mortgage holder. It was $850 over the amount of the signed contract. We assumed this amount was for any extras that might have happened when the roof was put on. We did not question the amount. The roof was put on and we paid the contractor the amount he requested, which did not include this $850. now 5 months later this roofer is trying to say we owe him that amount, due to profit and overhead. We have our receipts and contracts stating the amount we pd. was all we owed. What i would like to know is what he is doing legal? We did not have any part in the finacing end of this. We do have all our canceled checks, contracts and receipts. Can a contractor add amounts on after a job is paid in full. also did we do anything wrong in regards to our insurance? I can not see how we could have when we were not involved with the finical end of this. Also with the extra materials this roofer did our garage and we just found out he rebilled our ins co. for an additional $800. which we think included materials and we had already pd for them when we did the roof on the house. i would appreciate any advice anyone could give me. are we innocent victims of a contractors trying to pull fraud on our ins co.? and what should we do? was this $850 ours? We used to futher do repairs on our house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">