• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

About My Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashishx

Hi,

I have a contract saying like below :

-------------------------------------------------

(a) The Company shall pay compensation to the Employee during the period of employment as

follows:

(1) a basic salary in the amount of 72,000 USD. per year, payable in twelve (12) monthly

installments in arrears at the end of the month to which an installment relates;

(2) a housing allowance in the amount of 60,000 USD per year, payable in twelve (12) monthly

installments in arrears at the end of the month to which an installment relates;

(3) a travel allowance in the amount of 12,000 USD. per year, payable in twelve (12) monthly

provided, however, in the event of expiration or termination of the Employee's employment with the

Company for any reason, the Employee shall promptly repay to the Company the pro-rata portion of

any of the allowances referred to in Sections (a)(2) and (a)(3), hereof then already paid

by the Company that are attributable to the period after the effective date of such expiration or

termination.

-------------------------------------------------------

This made me confused as my English is not enough to understand !

I started to work on 1st of January 2019 , if I resign on 1st of December will I have to pay 55.000 (home allowance for 11 months) + 11000 (travel allowance for 11 months) = 66000 or is it saying something different ?

Last edited:

quincy

What is the name of your state?

If you do not understand the terms of your contract, you will need to find an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction for a personal review and analysis.

Contract review goes beyond the scope of this forum. Sorry.

LdiJ

No, you will have to pay back the amount that has been paid out to you that would have covered expenses for a time period after December 1, 2019. So, for example, if the company had already paid you for Decembers expenses, you would have to pay back December's share of the expenses.

quincy

No, you will have to pay back the amount that has been paid out to you that would have covered expenses for a time period after December 1, 2019. So, for example, if the company had already paid you for Decembers expenses, you would have to pay back December's share of the expenses.
The contract should be reviewed by an attorney licensed to practice in ashishx’s jurisdiction because no one on this forum can analyze contracts. It is considered the practice of law.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Are you comfortable with the OP relying on your advice and it being wrong? We don't DO contract review because it enters in to the realm of UPL.

quincy

"Down the street" it appears that this OP is not in the US.
It actually appears that way here, too.

And, even if ashishx is in the US, if ashishx does not understand the terms of the employment contract, s/he will want the terms explained in a way that can be understood, by a lawyer who is qualified to analyze the contract and explain the terms to ashishx.

We have no one on this forum who can do that.

PayrollHRGuy

that are attributable to the period after the effective date of such expiration or termination.
Since everything is paid in arrears I don't see how there anything would ever be attributable to the period after the effective date.

Last edited:

ashishx

Guys thanks for replies appreciated. What I'am looking is just English translation of this thing actually. As my English is limited I am feeling hard about what these words saying.

quincy

Guys thanks for replies appreciated. What I'am looking is just English translation of this thing actually. As my English is limited I am feeling hard about what these words saying.
You should look for an attorney in Dubai who can translate the contract into words you understand. We do neither contract analysis nor translations of contracts on this forum.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">