• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

About to be sued over credit card debts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Lorelei said:
No the english language is not foreign to me. I have read what she has posted. Now you can be diabetic, have high blood pressure and bi-polar and not declared disabled with any of those. Have you missed the part about her daughter having 2 brain surgeries? Perhaps she was declared disabled at that point?
Must everyone tear apart others for simply trying to help another person in need?

My response:

Then you don't understand the English language. The daughter's illnesses have NOTHING to do with the daughter amassing the debt. I'll repeat it, ""She ran up some credit card debt before she got disabled . . ." (emphasis added for our non-English understanding readers)

IAAL

L

Lorelei

You obviously do not understand either. Medications and Medical equipment that is neccessary for her other ailments can be placed on a credit card. As previously stated, You can have diabetes and other such diseases and NOT be declared disabled but you can still have medical expenses.
Aside from all that, I was merely giving the original writer a suggestion as this is an advice forum.

R

Rainaraines

Okay, to help out the poster... :eek:
They can sue her. They can get a judgment against her. However, they cannot garnish her SSDI checks. They can put a lien on her checking account or savings account, but unless she has some other funds in there that are not from the SSDI checks, they cannot touch it. In most cases, after they get judgment, knowing that they cannot touch her money, they'll just submit to harrassment via mail and phone. The only thing I would worry about is any joint checking or savings accounts. They can wipe out an account that has someone else's name on it, just because her name is on it. Close out any of these if you have any...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">