• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abroad travel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



If an alien marries a U.S. citizen; the U.S. citizen files
all of the proper form's(I485 and etc.), can the alien spousetravel back and forth to her home country (Cambodia) withoutbeing afraid of being detained in her country? Say, this istwo months after marriage and the proper forms are filed with INS,or,does she have to wait until the interview withINS,which may be up to 18 months, or can she travel withoutfear after the marriage ceremony and the forms are filed?
Who's juristiction is she under after marriage, the USA or
Thank you,


[Edited by NorrisGlasson on 06-17-2001 at 12:45 PM]



What part of the process are you in? How is cambodia to know you are in the process of getting your citizenship? or green card?

try the ins website. they have an 800 number to help.

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential