• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abusive Ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I need help. The biological father of my 5 year old has not seen her in 3 years. He was very abusive to me, and as far as I know is incarcerated now. I am married and my daughter considers my husband "daddy" We desparately want him to adpot her and for my ex not to have his parental rights. What are our chances? Does my ex still have a say so? Can we use character witnesses?(he is well known)Will the judge look at any evidence? Thank You! (we live in California)


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential