• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accepting Full time job at Client Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lonesurvivor

Hi All,
Before going to the issue, I would like to thank you all for your valuable advice. Currently, I am in an ambiguous situation as mentioned below. I was working with my employer for the last 4.2 years. My H1B visa is with them. In the last project, I worked for an employer E, through Vendor V and my client was C.

Employer E - Prime vendor V - Client C

After one year, I resigned from my employer and joined to the client I have a valid petition with the client now. My Client has an agreement with the Vendor that they can hire a resource, that is a contract to hire C2H and my vendor doesn't have any terms with my employer, but my vendor and employer had a contract between them that they cant hire any resource among them. After I send resignation, my employer asked me where I am joining and I revealed that I am joining to client honestly. Immediately after revealing that, they said I have a non-compete agreement though I asked them to show it highlighted, still they didn't show with them and I cannot join client.

My employer doesn't have any contract to my client and they have only contract with Vendor and Vendor is the client is for them. so I am not joining to the client. When I checked with the client they told they have C2H agreement so they can't do anything, When I checked with Vendor they told they didn't hire me its client who hired me so they didn't violate anything, but they are willing to help. So, at this point, I initiated a talk between my employer and Vendor. The vendor offered three positions, but my employer is asking for 20% of my base salary as reliving pay so that they can give NOC. These talks went on for a long timemy entire notice period and it didn't go to closure.

I've joined with the client now and now my ex-employer calling me and saying they will file a complaint or take action on me if I or Vendor am not giving money to them. I've again initiated the talk between V and E today but not sure where it goes. Now my primary concern is 1 Do my employer can ask money to an employee is it legal? 2 I asked them to show the non-compete in my employee contract but still, they have not responded on that. I read the complete document and I am not able to find any clause. I am will to share that if that helps in answering the query. 3 Can my employer file a case against me? My employer is in New Jersey and I work in PA.

Waiting for your valuable advice/suggestions. Thanks in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">