• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Access to my Medical Records???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Ardjuna

I was told by a dentist that I had no priveledge to access (get a copy of or have copies sent to) my own dental records (doctor's notes). They told me that all they would do is forward my x-rays and that is it. I know I've been through this crap before, but please enlighten me... In any state in the US a patient has the right to get copies of all pertinent records a doctor/dentist has on them - correct? They can charge a fee for the copies, but cannot refuse to geive or forward copies. This includes appointment notes, surgical notes, x-rays, molds, Et cetera... Correct? By the way, this is a VA and MD state concern, although I'm sure it does not matter. Also, if someone refuses the above for some crazy reason, what does one do or say at that point without threatening to get an attorney?????

Ardjuna

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">