• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accessing Adult Internet Sites in Public Libraries

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jcrcagot

What is the name of your state?Indiana I live in Gary,In.Ihave library cards for many different library districts within this county.They all have rules about accessing adult sites on public access terminals.All of their rules include loss of internet priveleges if caught accessing these sites.I wanted to know the legality of such rules and if the US Supreme Court has ever ruled or handed down a decision in such cases?It seems the law is very vague,because I found out other library districts in other states,like Illinois,for example,have no filters on their systems and let any patron of legal age look at whatever they choose.Thank you for any clarification you can give me.My email is [email protected]

HomeGuru

jcrcagot said:
What is the name of your state?Indiana I live in Gary,In.Ihave library cards for many different library districts within this county.They all have rules about accessing adult sites on public access terminals.All of their rules include loss of internet priveleges if caught accessing these sites.I wanted to know the legality of such rules and if the US Supreme Court has ever ruled or handed down a decision in such cases?It seems the law is very vague,because I found out other library districts in other states,like Illinois,for example,have no filters on their systems and let any patron of legal age look at whatever they choose.Thank you for any clarification you can give me.My email is [email protected]
**A: buy your own computer and internet access and view the adult sites in the privacy of your own home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">