• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident - Injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BEC4293

I was driving my car on a highway and got hit from behind. The car was totalled.
Our insurance company immediately paid us for the car, less deductible. The insurance company for the responsible person, the driver who hit me, just paid my deductible.

I sustained what appears to be minor injuries, to my neck and have had some severe headaches, caused by whiplash.

I have been at the hospital emergency room for treatment 2 days after the accident; and
an appointment with a medical doctor at his office. I have received prescriptions for
pain. I do not think the injuries will be long-lasting, but I am not sure, and I have
some concern about the headaches, which have
lasted as long as 3 days.

I am looking for suggestions on how to settle this matter. The insurance company
for the driver who hit me appears willing to pay my lost wages (4 1/2 days); hospital expenses (says he'll pay me rather than the hospital) and doctor visits (up to 3 more).
Says also he will pay "something" for pain and suffering.

How much should I ask for or expect in this
situation - the pain and suffering?

Any advice on what is reasonable in such a case will be appreciated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BEC4293:
I was driving my car on a highway and got hit from behind. The car was totalled.
Our insurance company immediately paid us for the car, less deductible. The insurance company for the responsible person, the driver who hit me, just paid my deductible.

I sustained what appears to be minor injuries, to my neck and have had some severe headaches, caused by whiplash.

I have been at the hospital emergency room for treatment 2 days after the accident; and
an appointment with a medical doctor at his office. I have received prescriptions for
pain. I do not think the injuries will be long-lasting, but I am not sure, and I have

I am looking for suggestions on how to settle this matter. The insurance company
for the driver who hit me appears willing to pay my lost wages (4 1/2 days); hospital expenses (says he'll pay me rather than the hospital) and doctor visits (up to 3 more).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Go to the bottom of the main page on this Board, and click on page 6. I want you to read the entire, long, postings and responses to "Please????????" by Haley3. If you have any questions after that, then come back here and post them.

Good Luck.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited April 20, 2000).]

K

KMellon

Ok
These guys just dont have a clue to your head and neck injury issues. I was told by all my doctors after the accident that to settle any claim in less than a year would be unwise. That what injuries I had could not be fully determined and at first I did not believe this, but a year and two months later, more educated, wiser, still impatient, but seeing why they said what they did. Keep a jornal of day to day pains and what you did, pictures of the areas in question are a good source also. And check it out. I have three herniated disk in my neck and back and neck pain that may never fully go away, and pain blocks and p/t are expensive. And I had to make them xray my feet to find the extensive damage there after two months or so of complaining and when one was fixed and I kept complaining about the other and noone would listen, I demanded it done, and the bones were all rearranged in there. So see I knew it was not right, and I am still having trouble that is to be diagnoised. I left the hospital with a hernia, a broken talus and many other things that were not found by the ER. So beware, do not settle to you know, and be careful in whatever you do. They are out there to mess you up if they can. I have learned noone is on your side and money speaks and that is the only one they listen to. Good Luck

E

eva

Boy, and I thought I was the only one.
I was in an accident last week and CAN"T believe all of the bull the insurance company has put me through. The car issues are finally taken care of, but my out-of-pocket is still in negotiations. I haven't touched the lost wages and pain/suffering issues yet (but that's coming).Our injuries are very similiar and I would be VERY interested to hear from an attorney to give me some guidance as to the ballpark we should be batting in. Best of luck to you...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BEC4293:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">