• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident: Just when do you need to hire an attorney??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

a neighbor

What is the name of your state? Maryland

Last Saturday I was a passenger in the back seat of a taxi cab. The cab driver wasn't paying attention (his friend in the passenger seat yakked the whole time), and slammed into the back of a truck that was stopped. I did end up going to the ER that evening, sprained wrist, back and neck spasms, and was off of work the whole week. OH, and another ER visit on Thursday, for severe headaches caused by the back and neck injury, in which they gave me a shot.

The cabbies ins won't speak to anyone over the phone, they just want paper work filled out and sent back, the cabbie was charged with the accident.

I know I'll be in pain for at least a week or 2 more (I'm hoping not that long), BUT I have no choice then to go back to work tomorrow (fairly easy environment). And I just won't take nay meds before driving home *G*

So just when do you know if you need an attorney or not?

An accident I had 8 years ago, I had attorney, one of the best around, the Doctor from the other INS Co. said I was even injured. But, when it went to court the doc said "Oh I did say she was injured, but not to the point of being off of work for as long as she was!" WOW a $1.oo pain and suffering. Geez I can't stand to see that much again!:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">