• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident @ ski resort

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cube

From Massachusetts. I am being sued for an accident that occurred in february of 2000 at a ski resort when i was trying to learn how to snowboard. I lost control and as i was sliding over a hump my board came in contact with another skier's pole, who i could not see-over the hump because of the posture i was in-standing in the middle of the trail chatting with another skier, and as a result she fell on her hip. A report was filed with the ski patrol at the resort. Initially they threatened to take away my seaon pass, but after they reviewed the report they did not take my season pass away and i was released. The skier stayed and may have been taken to the hospital. I want to know what typically happens in a case like this one. The letter from her lawyer is addressed to the home owner. Does my parent's homeowner's insurance cover this kind of incident where the event took place away from the property?

ALawyer

It very well may cover it. IMMEDIATELY report it to your parent's homeowners insuarnce company.

What usually happens is that the injured person tries to sue everyone in sight who may have any liability or insurance -- the ski resort, the place you rented the snow board, the instructor, the ski patrol, and if they could the Good Lord her/himself.

The insurance companies then settle it out or fight the claim. If you didn't have insurance, you'd hire a lawyer and let the lawyer defend or file for bankruptcy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">