• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accident While backing up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cham B

But the other car also did illegal he passed a straight white lane and turned into a street he is not allowed

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
But the other car also did illegal he passed a straight white lane and turned into a street he is not allowed
Listen to HWYMan. He has the ability to write tickets in NY.

Traffic being at a standstill means that you wait. Occasionally, it means you execute a U-Turn, such as when the road has been closed. It does not mean you drive down the street in reverse.

BTW, left on red is also not a legal thing in New York.

Cham B

Thank for your reply. I see you know the law so I will explain you better the story. Please reply to me if you need more explanation. I was backing up because of a standstill. The other car changed illegal lanes crossing a double white line (Look on the diagram the way he changed the lanes was sideway because he wanted to go in the side street that was illegal for him to go there) And i crashed in to him whos at fault?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thank for your reply. I see you know the law so I will explain you better the story. Please reply to me if you need more explanation. I was backing up because of a standstill. The other car changed illegal lanes crossing a double white line (Look on the diagram the way he changed the lanes was sideway because he wanted to go in the side street that was illegal for him to go there) And i crashed in to him whos at fault?
It really doesn't matter how many times you ask the question.

quincy

You are at fault for illegally backing up into a car. There would have been no accident but for your actions.

The other driver could share a percentage of fault for violating traffic laws, should the other driver seek to recover damages above his no-fault insurance limit by filing a claim against you through your insurance provider.

You are apt to see a rise in your insurance premium, regardless of fault.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
None of us need more explanation.

We understand perfectly. You don't want to go through insurance, you don't want to accept that driving in reverse caused the accident, and you think that repeatedly describing what you did will result in a different answer.

Cham B

You are at fault for illegally backing up into a car. There would have been no accident but for your actions.

The other driver could share a percentage of fault for violating traffic laws, should the other driver seek to recover damages above his no-fault insurance limit by filing a claim against you through your insurance provider.

You are apt to see a rise in your insurance premium, regardless of fault.
Is backing up Illegal?

Cham B

Listen to HWYMan. He has the ability to write tickets in NY.

Traffic being at a standstill means that you wait. Occasionally, it means you execute a U-Turn, such as when the road has been closed. It does not mean you drive down the street in reverse.

BTW, left on red is also not a legal thing in New York.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I understand that you desperately want someone to say No, you were in no way at fault and it was 100% the other guy's fault - you are completely blameless.
The problem is, You ARE at fault. The other guy MAY possibly be at fault as well, but there is no explanation you can provide in which you are blameless.

Zigner

Again, there is no need to ask the same question over and over again.

Zigner

There is really nothing further that can be gained from continuing this thread. I am going to recommend that this thread be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">